Pages

Sunday 26 September 2010

Kentish pear & loganberry cinnamon sponge


I'm on a recipe sharing kick at the moment, don't ask why!
Could it be the mercury is dropping? Maybe!

This is a pud I made last night after I had posted the blog on Lemon Goo. My sweet genes had obviously kicked in with all the talk of desserts (think I'd be far more interesting if that was spelt deserts) I have known.

Anyway ...

The only reason I really made it, was to use the ageing pears languishing in the fruit bowl and the delish loganberries given me by a visiting friend.

The ONLY reason?
Tub tum will testify I'm telling the truth!

Here goes ...

110g butter (I only ever use butter, don't give margarine house-room)
110g golden caster sugar
2 free-range eggs
175g SR flour
4/5/6 pears depending on size
handful of berries (loganberries are the tops)
demerara sugar
sprinkle of ground cinnamon

*

Butter a shallow dish and sprinkle with the demerara sugar and cinnamon.
Peel the pears and lay in the dish cut-side down, fill in the gaps with berries
Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
add the eggs, one at a time together with a tablespoon of flour to prevent the mixture curdling. Carefully fold in the remaining flour together with a little milk if necessary.
Spread evenly over the fruit and bake for approx. 45 minutes
Oven temperature - 350F 180C Gas mark 4
Just be careful it doesn't brown too quickly before the middle has had time to cook.
I put a butter paper over it if it looks likes its getting too dusky!

You'd never think I have a cookery book to my name would you?

Enjoy!
brought to you by Linda
the founder member of the 'That'll Do School of Cookery'







No comments:

Post a Comment