Pages

Sunday 7 November 2010

Didn't we have a lovely day the day we went to ...

Whitstable.

Mainwarings Seaside Brocantes to be exact.

Charabanc chugging, purses pulsing off we set.
Toadying teacher's pet me, suggested the jolly to Debs of Pretty Goods blog.
To be honest I don't know which we did the most of - buying, talking, eating or drinking. Toddling (waddling by the end of the day) from stall to stall, shop to shop, caff to bistro, the only thing we didn't see was the sea. No time for that, we had treasures to discover, people to meet, coffee to consume, tapas to tinker with, alcohol to quaff. Is it any wonder I slept like a top last night?

This morning with head buzzing, my studio beckoned until that is ... yes you've guessed it, the Sunday sofa suckers got me in their grasp. Flopping back on the settee, thinking I ought to read yesterday's papers before the news isn't news anymore. Only two pages in, we had a visitor, it would be churlish not to make the Poppy collector a coffee, an hour later I still hadn't made the tortuous ten steps across to my place of work. Displacement therapy I think it's called?

I digress, as always, I talk in cliches, as always.
Anyway, the trip was a success, we got some contacts for our local craft venture we're planning, more to be revealed when we've firmed up on dates and venue.
The star of the day, in my book was Jane Bourne of The Cloth Hall. Her wonderful vibrant range of accessories including her signature Shredded Boa and It's Not Crochet scarves are truly inspirational.



1 comment: