Pages

Sunday 23 January 2011

Carol Klein I ain't...

however I feel horticulturely holier-than-thou today.
Why? Because I've just spent a couple of hours in the garden.
This sort of weather cold and dreich; where do I want to be on a Sunday afternoon?  The sofa that's where.  Only natural innit!


This is the state of the garden -


The wild strawberries are set to take over the world


My battle with the brassica lace-making bugs has been hard won.
On Christmas morning there's nothing I like better than harvesting my sprouts, sometimes I'm even picking frozen Brussells.


Raised beds cleared ready for take-off.


This year I am determined that I will show some restraint and not let the thugging flowers rule the roost.  I'm in charge: from today it's a veg pot, not a poncey potager.  That's where I went wrong in the past - it got ideas above its station.




This is what happens when you take your eye off the ball.



Very colourful I grant you, not very productive.

After my morning's work I'm back on the Sunday sofa, limbering up ready to do battle with K2.


Toodle-oo!

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean - I am looking forward to getting my garden spring ready!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just be careful where you put it that's all I ask! LLX

    ReplyDelete