Pages

Wednesday 9 February 2011

With a chin like a cactus...

by the rays of the rising sun I sit and have a quiet pluck.

Of all the ravages of time, the one I resent the most, is the proliferation of prickles on me chin.  Armed with my shocking pink tweezers and magnifying mirror I go to war.
Which to tackle first - the black ones, lying in wait in the folds of my many and various chins?  Or the tough white little buggers with the evil attitude of hemp weathered too long at sea? 

After a party or social occasion, where you 'may have' been chatting to a lovely man, you catch a sight of, glinting evilly on your carefully made-up face,  an 'ORRIBLE 'AIR!

"And I thought he was gazing fascinatingly into my face with wonder"
Yes he was... however (that word again)...


he just couldn't take his eyes off the one and only thorn, in my otherwise immaculate armour.  

6 comments:

  1. Oh Linda you do make me giggle!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, thanks for your comment, just had a look at your blog...it did make me laugh!! Good to know about the cake, file thing for future reference, you never know when your going to find your next bunny and who your going to be up against!! I just have this thing for bunnies......and I'm sorry but I really don't think I'd be able to sell him, it would be like chopping my arm off....Sorry....also sorry about the chin situation x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to here your story one day, sounds lovely...maybe you should blog it......Indie Bins our rabbit was a house bunny for a while, talk about attitude we nearly all had to move out! It got to the stage when hubby said it's either me or the Rabbit....hmmmm, tricky one, nar, love him really, would be a mad eccentric old biddy living with hundreds of rescued animals, if it wasn't for him, he reins me in! (she's now queen of the garden) x bit of a long comment sorry x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOH I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAM, MY LEOPARD PRINT TWEEZERS ARE ALWAYS ON THRE READY XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tooooo much information Lettice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shan't be able to take my eyes off your chin now!!

    ReplyDelete