Pages

Saturday 23 June 2012

I yearn... Oh how I yearn...

for a pantry...
yes a proper walk-in pantry...




you know, a get the whole bod in sort; with slabs of marble
for the chilled food, shelves of bottled fruit, 
salted runner beans, jams, pickles and the like.
Hooks to hang ham, 
bread crocks the size of a man,
tins of spam.


***
for bosoms the size of newly -laid eggs
gently sizzling in a pan


***


to know what I know now, without the face of
Underground map lines


***


to 'Chill Man! 
without the worry of... 
what is to come for future generations


***


to be a little more circumspect, 
instead of flying in feet first


***


not to be judgemental
'Judge not, lest ye be judged judgmental'
Florence King


***


to learn to listen, and sometimes 
 read between the lines


***


to eat marmalade and orange drizzle cake 
without fear 




recipe upon request








 Lettice and I are enjoying our Saturday
home alone without Hubs...  
who PC Plod-like... 
 directs the village fete traffic.


Before you wonder, I swanned up and bought two books,
rich really, considering, 
he tottered up with a coffin sized box of books for them to sell.
And a naff but 'wonderbar' storage jar.


The very, very worst bit was...
on the way back I found myself in our lovely
'Village Life' shop 
were I bought myself a shirt and beautiful linen jacket.
Which hubs naturally doesn't know about yet...
Nudge, nose tap, wink!


A little snapshot of our bucolic
life in deepest ~Kent


***

























2 comments:

  1. tell him (if you feel you have to tell him something) that you bought the clothes at the fete...
    I do have a walk in larder...no cupboards just a dresser in the kitchen, and my gorgeous, beloved, shelved, cold, see-everything-at-a-glance (even the cobwebs) larder. It's my favourite room in the house

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos & wise words - except that I think it's good fun to be judgemental sometimes!

    ReplyDelete