Pages

Saturday 7 June 2014

I read other folk's...

blogs and come over all peculiar.
My life in comparison seems so dull.
The most exciting thing in my little world is...
I'm growing my hair.
All my life I've wanted straight hair...
well until now, when my wish appears to be coming true.
There is one small problem, 
I've just discovered straight thin grey hair isn't hugely attractive. .

My idea was to grow it to my waist, have it flowing down my back 
and then take up Morris dancing.
It would flow and ripple beautifully as with bosoms 
strapped I would make the earth move.
Men would fall at my feet at the beauty of line and movement.



Hey nonni nonni no...
All I've managed to do is look like
a lesbian with a bob. 

Life's a bitch.

8 comments:

  1. I try to grow my hair but after a while it irritates me, getting in my face when I am working, so I get a short bob again and feel lighter and more comfortable. Think it lifts my face too in some strange non surgical way!
    Short grey hair looks classy.... Christine Lagarde, head of IMF?
    Enjoy your own personal Springwatch this weekend
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, 'fraid to say I've never looked classy in all my life.

      LLX

      Delete
  2. Well the Morris dancing part sounds ok. I like to wear mine short these days . My hair that is, but you have to be careful 'cos if it's too short it looks a bit " butch" and we don't want that do we ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried short in order to show off my cheekbones Helsie, trouble is they have gone AWOL... cant think why!?!

      LLX

      Delete
  3. I'll have everybody know that young Julie Cloth Shed has a such a sweet and pretty face that she needs no lift a all, surgical or not.
    I love that quilted belt the Morris lady is wearing, by the way. (I have a similar one.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Classy bird I reckon with all that Bastle carry-on in the bong bed.

      I always carry mine about my personage Nilly, in case I get chucked in the deep end.

      LLX

      Delete
  4. There's nowt wrong with bobs! at our age the secret is they need to be shorter at the back than at the front, no longer than your chin, slightly layered and get yourself some good quality irons. So speaks the queen of the bobs. I also only ever wear flat shoes wear trousers and don't do muff... I'll get my coat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is the growing out of the short hair at the back. When I attempt to put it up it escapes looking very odd. A bit like the fringes the Victorians (I think it was?) put on chairs in order to stop the men feasting their eyes on bare legs.

      Don't bother about your coat, your muff will keep you warm.

      LLX

      Delete